Sunday, August 14, 2011

These Kinds Of Things Just Can't Be Coincidences

Did you ever hate the phrase, "It's a small world after all."? Just the idea of living on a giant, rotating orb that carried over 6 billion other people; doesn't seem so small when you think about it that way. But then you forget that all of those other 6 billion people can't possibly live in the same state/province, let alone the same town and you remember that your world has the potential to be microscopic. And trust me, coming from a shy girl next door who has never had a toe out of New England, microscopic doesn't even begin to describe it.

I was at the movies with my best friend, Victor. We were eagerly awaiting the beginning of The Help, starring Emma Stone. Victor had made a comment saying that the last time he was at a movie theater was when he had his date with Peter. This brought up a whole conversation about Victor and Peter and my ex, Renae and me. For our first date, Renae and I had went to go see Pirates Of The Carribbean: On Stranger Tides (which I thought was really good, but has nothing to do with this entry :) ). After two weeks of dating, she dumped me for my one of my really good friends, Peter. Peter and Renae were now all of a sudden all over each other in front of me. I'm sure you can imagine, it was a lovely sight for Victor and me. It didn't take us long to realize that the last time we were both at the movies was when we had a great first date that started a horrible relationship for both of us. Peter and Renae are still together, but I'm still waiting for karma to work its' magic on this couple, for both Victor and me. In case any of you are wondering, The Help was amazing! It was hilarious, but still made me cry 3 times. A movie definitely worth checking out if you like drama.

So, has anyone else ever had a "small world" moment? Comments/stories are greatly appreciated!

NOTE: All names in this entry has been changed to protect the rights of privacy to those who have been mentioned. Any similar situations with the same names is purely coincidence.

~ Gaia<3

No comments:

Post a Comment