Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Ten Commandments Used To Please A Woman

So Steve Harvey appeared on the Dr. Phil show this past Tuesday and talked about how men think, gave advice, and talked a little about his new book. He also mentioned ten "commandments" that if used correctly and consistently, you will satisfy your woman. How do they look from a girl's perspective? I'll go over these myself and talk a little about each one, just to give you an idea.

01). Thou Shalt Give Her Free Time.

This really shouldn't be mentioned. It seems like it should be common sense that no one wants to spend 24/7 with someone else. Both sides just continue to get aggravated. I definitely do need my free time just because I am more introverted and I can't think/do the things I want to do when I'm with other people. Eventually, I would get sick of having them around all the time. And I really wouldn't want to take them away from the things they want to do. Long story short: Everyone needs time apart, even from their significant other!

02). Thou Shalt Remember The Small Things.

This actually does get you brownie points, believe it or not. It lets me know that the time we spent hanging out or the things I talk about with you are important enough that they stick in your head and you actually remember them. For example, I was hanging out during lunch with a few of my friends in the band room. My friend and I were having a fight that included throwing walnuts and other small foods. Since they were his walnuts, he wasn't giving me much of a chance to fight back. I had said that maybe I just want to eat the walnuts and he had said, "No, I remember you saying that you don't like walnuts". That kinda stuck out to me since we had had that conversation weeks before that moment. If you remember details about us, we remember you.

03). Thou Shalt Consistently Think Of New Ways To Say I Love You.

I definitely agree with this. It also ties in with #02 about being remembered and letting me know that I do in fact stick in your head. If you continue to do the same thing over and over, it becomes very routine and I expect it more, whereas if it was something different, it's more spontaneous and I just don't expect it. A lot of girls would react a lot more pleasantly to something different and to something that they wasn't expecting (given that it's something good of course, but even if it's a bad idea, it's still the thought that counts).

04). Thou Shalt Chip In.

This isn't the 1950's. I am no one's maid, mother, or slave. If I'm living with you, I do indeed expect you to chip in. Trust me, it's not a good situation to get into if you aren't helping out. You will lose, badly. Just don't go there.

05). Thou Shalt Help With The Kids.

Just like #04, I do expect you to help with the kids. You contributed to making them, they are partly your responsibility. I will certainly not watch my significant other not spend time/not help out with their own children. Again, it's just not a good situation; you will lose; don't go there.

06). Thou Shalt Embrace The Art Of Foreplay.

Indeed, you must! I am not a sex robot; wind me up and watch me go. If you do favors for me, I'm definitely going to do favors for you. I know it'll require some work, but it's a road worth traveling. In addition, it will save you some mornings with an irritable wife. Trust me.

07). Thou Shalt Respect Her Schedule.

Again, definitely agree. I am not about to drop something that I love or something that I'm dedicated to for someone else and I wouldn't ask that upon my significant other. It also ties in with #01 and spending time apart so one doesn't suffocate the other. My schedule is my schedule and if someone likes/loves me enough then they will let me do the things that I also love to do. It will increase my happiness, lower my bitchiness (unless something happens while I'm there, but at least it's not about you), and it also gives me something to talk about with you. Win, win, win.

08). Thou Shalt Send Her Roses, Just Because.

I think this is the only one I will slightly disagree with. It doesn't have to be roses. It can be any sort of flower that you think she'll like. Maybe I don't even like flowers at all. Something special and tangible, but also in your price range so it can happen more than just an annual rate. It lets me know that I'm being thought of and it will stick in my head. It doesn't even have to cost money! A poem, a song, whatever your talents are, use them!

09). Thou Shalt Remember The Golden Rule.

You can be happy or you can be right. This is in fact the Golden Rule. I don't know why; it just is.

10). Thou Shalt Always Take Her Side.

I don't know why, but when a lot of women, including myself, don't feel like their significant other is standing up for them, no matter what we said, it's equivalent to an act of ultimate betrayal. If anyone can give me a scientific/biological reason as to why, I would love to know! I just can't help feeling like it's something personal when it could in fact just be my significant other expressing their opinion. Even though I attempt to not do this, a lot of women will be very snide and sarcastic when talking to you until you talk about with her or they give up and talk about it with you. Unless you take her side, it's a battle lost.

Those are the 10 Commandments to pleasing your woman as listed by Steve Harvey! Please note that the opinions expressed in this blog entry do not reflect the opinion of the entire female gender. In fact, this is solely my opinion. Any stories, opinions, or biological findings should go in the comment box! Please your woman!

~ Gaia<3

1 comment:

  1. When I'm married, I'll have this hanging in my house. (Of course if I marry a woman...oh whatever...it'll be good to teach my son <3 cuz, ya know)

    ReplyDelete